Thursday 12 January 2006

More New Wor(l)ds

It's a new year and I am presenting some new wor(l)ds in the form of my annual fiction-fest compilation. It's a mere six months since the last issue but I've been busy over the second half of the year and have produced 5 short stories and 6 poems. Several of these poems have been presented to audiences at my local literary club, whilst at least two of the stories were submitted to writing competitions (although they failed to be chosen).

The collection includes 'Katrina' - a short story written from the perspective of a meteorological officer who watches the hurricane drama unfold on his radar screen whilst simultaneously considering his wife's recent affair. In an interactive crossover I have produced a piece of music and sound effects which could be listened to whilst reading the story. I have some software which I hope to use to be able to produce perhaps a clip for youtube or myspace, linking to the story text. This is the first time I have experimented with this sort of technique, and I hope to use it at some of my poetry readings.

No comments: