Saturday 2 July 2005

Feedback

Feedback to the latest issue of New Wor(l)ds has been mostly positive. I generally send out around 20 copies to friends and peers. I think the fact I am still so productive and am able to produce this amount of short stories and poetry silences the cynics I know who perhaps wonder why I continue to do this in spite of the fact that the publishing industry has so far ignored most of my efforts. Personally I believe my work to be at the very least much more interesting than so much contemporary mediocre fiction - on the bookshelves or the airwaves or television screens. Perhaps if I actually wrote something bland enough it would get published in a reputable lit-zine or short story collection... But I don't do mediocre - in my writing or my music. My work is too immediate for that, too dynamic. I am thinking about posting a sample from New Wor(l)ds here now that I've sorted out a new layout template that allows for more text.

Watch this space!

The JPEG above shows the cover of issue 7. I designed the cover with a strong yellow background the black ink ran when I printed them. I think it added to it actually, though further copies may only have a black and white cover to save on ink cartridges!

No comments: